Why Coding?

The definition of coding from the dictionary is "the process of assigning a code to something for the purpose of classification or identification." In a wold full of technology, coding has really taken off, especially for children. According to Tynker, "200 million students around the world were exposed to coding through the Hour of Code event and over 90% of American parents want programming added to their child's curriculum."
I think coding can be effectively integrated by using events, like the Hour of Code, that Tynker does and doing different activities like the finch or hummingbird and programming things like that. The main thing is to at least expose students to some sort of coding or programming and allow them a chance to explore and experiment with it. My goals with coding are to look into these different events and have my class be a part of them. I also want to expose my students to coding as much as possible and make it a big part of the curriculum that I teach.

Source: https://www.tynker.com/content/why-coding

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Citizenship

UDL Representation